Today we have a tutorial for you all.
We have created a mixed media style canvas using Fantasy dies and Chipboards.
Here's a look at the canvas:
We have used:
Let's begin with the process:
1. First prime the canvas with white gesso. We have re-used an old canvas and primed it with gesso.
2. Add texture with modelling paste and two stencils.
3. Choose dies and chipboards for the layers. We have cut three layers of each die and glued them together for thickness.
4. Layers and glue all the elements as per your composition. At this step we have also used some metal, resin and clay embellishments.
5. Cover the entire surface with black gesso. We wanted to use waxes for our colouring and they stand out well on black. Use a dry brush and finger tips to colour with the waxes.
6. Add gold splatter.
7. Add micro beads and a title. We have used a chipboard title and coloured with the same waxes.
That completes the canvas. Here are some more pictures:
Other materials used:
- Art Basics White and Black Gesso
- Mont Marte White Modelling Paste
- Finnabair Stencils- Manuscript and Swirly Florals
- Mitform Castings
- Finnabair Mould- Stars & Moon
- Prima Marketing mould - Baroque 2
- Craft Tangles Waxes- Sapphire, Turquoise, Gorgeous Gold
- Art Alchemy Waxes- Mystic Turquoise, Electric Violet, Indian Pink, Amethyst Magic, Rich Copper, Vintage Gold
- Art Alchemy Acrylic Sparks- Dragon's Eye, Ginger Magic
- Micro Beads
- Dusty Attic Word Chipboard
We hope that you are inspired to create your canvas!