Hi friends! Hope you are having a great day :)
For today's post, I've created a Grungy Steampunk Mixed Media Card.
I've used some gorgeous Fantasy Dies & Chipboards on my project.
I've used Lindy's Gang embossing powders to heat emboss the die cuts and chipboards. To add more color, texture and a rusty look, I've used Finnabair's rust & patina pastes along with waxes. I've used metal embellishments by Mitform Castings. There is a Step-by-Step Pictorial of the Process.
Fantasy Dies Used: "Новогодняя звезда", "Музыка арфы"
Fantasy Chipboards Used: "Стимпанк 693", "Часы 1877".
1. Cut up pattern papers (with grungy designs) to form the card panel. Distress their edges and ink them with vintage photo distress ink.
2. Create die cuts using Fantasy Knives. Then heat emboss the die cuts and Fantasy Chipboards using Lindy's Gang Embossing Powders. To add more interest, shine and variation, also apply some waxes on the heat embossed elements.
3. Using a palette knife, apply any texture paste onto the card panel through a stencil. Here, I've used White Sand Texture Paste and Finnabair's stencil.
4. Layer and adhere the elements (die cuts, chipboards, Mitform Castings, cheese cloth) to the card panel using a strong glue or gel medium. Also, prepare the card mats (distress their edges and ink them with vintage photo distress ink as well). Then, adhere the card panel onto the mats and stick these to the beige colored card base.
5. In the end, once all the elements are adhered. To add the rusty look, apply some rust and patina pastes onto the composition in some places, stamp the background with black archival ink, add some white highlights using white gesso/chalk paint and lastly, create white ink splatters.
More photos of the Card:
Thanks a lot for your precious time :)